PlaysetParts.com is happy to bring you custom Vinyl Roof Tarps for your play structure! Our heavy duty tarps are great for keeping your playset shady and dry!
Playset Roof Tarp Features
- Heavy Duty 13 ounce UV protected and waterproof vinyl
- All four edges are hemmed (folded over and sewn)
- Available with your choice of grommets, snaps, or no hardware
- Hardware is is on all four corners and 12-18" apart on the width ends
- Choose from a variety of color schemes
- Note: some tarp sizes may require seams
- Made in the USA
Note that this item is custom made to your specifications and is non-returnable. Especially because of this, please carefully read through the following instructions for ordering your custom playset roof tarp. This will ensure that you get exactly what you expect and require. Also note that production tolerances are +/- 1/4" the dimensions you provide.
Selecting Your Options
- Make your Color and Hardware selections
- Select the Size of your Roof Tarp in square feet (NOTE: See how to calculate square feet below)
- Enter the Roof Tarp Width (inches) and Length (inches) in the text fields
Calculating Square Feet
To calculate square feet, multiply the Width (inches) by the Length (inches) of your tarp and divide by 144. Example: 44" x 80" = 3520 square inches ÷ 144 = 24.44 square feet (always round up) = 25.
How to Measure
If you are replacing an existing tarp, the easiest way to get dimensions for your new tarp is to measure the existing one. If you are creating a new playset, here are a couple of ideas for how to get the dimensions you will need:
- Use a bedsheet and drape it over the area of your fort where the tarp will go. Pin the sheet down and mark the edges for where you want the tarp to be located. Remove the sheet and lay it out flat and measure the markings to get the width and length.
- Put a nail or screw in the wood at one end of the fort where the edge of the tarp will be. Do the same on the opposite side of the fort. Take a string and stretch it out above the peak the entire length of where the tarp will go. Mark the ends of the string and lay it flat to get your length measurement.
Please note that you are ultimately responsible for the measurements you provide and the tarp will be made to your specifications.
Grommets vs. Snap Hardware
In ordering your tarp, you have the option of including Grommets or Snap hardware along the appropriate edges. With grommets, you simply fasten the tarp down on the playset by using a screw with a washer through the grommet hole. While grommets are a bit more convenient to install, many customers choose snaps over grommets because it is easier to remove the tarp for winter months. With snaps, you will receive a screw with a male snap head that screws into your playset. The female snap is already fastened to the tarp and snaps onto the male screw head like a button.
Please note that hardware placement cannot be matched to your existing tarp. The hardware will be between on all four corners and 12-18" apart on the Width ends of the tarp. For example, if you provide a Width of 50" and a Length of 100", your hardware will be fastened along the 50" edges.